Debate: Does Fairtrade have a future? -17th Nov
7pm-9pm, Thursday 17th November
St Martin’s Church, Mortimer Road, London NW10 5SN
- Is the Fairtrade model still a good one?
- Why not a Fairtrade label for manufactured goods?
- Rainforest Alliance and Fairtrade: are two labels needed?
- Why do we need the Fairtrade Sourcing Programme?
- Workers’ wages and rights raised by the critical SOAS report in 2014 “Fairtrade, Employment and Poverty Reduction in Ethiopia and Uganda”
- What is the future of ethical certification?
- How should Fairtrade respond to the proliferation of schemes?
- Anne Cooper, Oxfam
- Barbara Crowther, Fairtrade Foundation
- Stuart Singleton-White, Rainforest Alliance
- Vidya Rangan, ISEAL: global movement of sustainability standards
7pm Refreshments and Fairtrade stall for early Christmas shopping (cash/cheque only)
7:30pm Speakers and discussion